My husband and I went away for our anniversary recently, and the bed and breakfast we stayed at gave us yogurt and homemade granola every morning. That is where it started. I don’t know what took me so long to make granola from scratch!? Now that I have, I will not be buying it ever again. Not only is it super quick and easy, I control what goes in it and can customize it how I want.
Let me know what you think and how you customize it! This is a simple granola, you can add different kind of nuts, raisins, craisins (which I’m not sure you would want to bake? Haven’t tested that yet) shredded coconut, this will be in my next batch! Even mini chocolate chips. Let me know what you do!
Have a great weekend ~Jeanne
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼-½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300°
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, pecans, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix til together. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, add coconut oil and honey. Heat over medium, stir until coconut oil is melted.
- Pour warmed liquid over oats mixture. Mix until combined.
- Pour mixture on a baking sheet, onto parchment paper or a silicon mat. Spread the granola in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and using a spatula, toss up and around the mixture. Place back in oven for another 15 minutes. Repeat until mixture is a nice golden brown.The mixture will still seem soft when you first remove it from the oven, but it will crunch up as it cools.
- Let cool and break up into pieces and enjoy!Store in an air tight container for 2 weeks.