Where are my bread lovers at?? And are you as intimidated to make homemade bread as I was??
Well, I am here to tell you to get out of your head, and into making bread! It really isn’t as time consuming as one would think. You just have to get started, I guarantee it is super easy. And the more you make fresh bread, the more you realize just how easy, and how much healthier it is for you, and your family.
This isn’t sourdough, as much as I can not wait to share some sourdough recipes with all of you. But, if it wasn’t for my few failed attempts at making a sourdough starter, I might not have made this cute, delicious little loaf. I am super excited I did! It has been a huge hit every time I make it.
I did get a little fancy and make it into a pumpkin, but as you can see in the recipe picture, that isn’t necessary. But, by all means, get yourself some baking twine and make a cute little pumpkin! I think it will be worth it.
As far as the designs, I don’t have a dough razor… yet! I do plan on getting one because I am really enjoying making bread. Besides, I have been an extra one of my husbands double sided razors to make my cuts, and it seems a little sketch. But, a regular razor works just fine, just be super careful and have fun slicing and seeing how it bakes up! I look on Pinterest for bread design inspiration.
I am new to this whole bread world, but super excited that I finally wrapped my head around it. I hope you do too! Let me know if you have any questions, or how it went for you if you do make it!! Send me pics of your designs!!
This really is super easy and I think you’re going LOVE it!
Happy Baking!! ~Jeanne
- Dutch Oven
- Stand mixer (this is optional)
- 3 cups Bread flour all-purpose works also
- 1 ½ cups warm water 105°-110℉
- 3 tsp instant or quick rise yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, (I recommend using a stand mixer with dough hook so you dont have to kneed by hand) kneed for 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large sealable bowl, and place dough in bowl, put on lid and set in a warm draft free area. I put mine in the microwave or oven. (Just make sure to remove before you turn on oven!!)
- Place your Dutch in a cold oven, with lid, heat to 450℉
- Meanwhile, place dough on floured surface, make it into a round ball. Lightly sprinkle top of dough and cut designs with a dough razor or razor.
- Allow to rest while oven is warming up.
- Place dough in Dutch oven, cooking covered for 25 minutes. Remove lid and bake for 15 more. Remove when golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving so gluten has time to rest.Enjoy!
- I used bakers twine to create the pumpkin look, but this also cooks up as a nice round loaf, without the extra work.Have fun with your designs!