I you guys have a list going of easy dinners, you are going to want to add this one to the list. You’ll have to julienne 1-2 zucchini’s and zest 2 lemons, but that about the extent of dinner prep. Super simple and extremely delicious. I made this a while back and we all loved it. Not sure why it took me so long to make it again, but it is getting put in the rotation.
Cheers to happy meals ~ Jeanne
P.S. Don’t forget to share and tag me on social media, or to come back here and comment on how you liked the recipe. <3
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb baby spinach
- 2 firm zucchini, cut into long, fine julienne strips optional
- 2 lemons, washed and dried
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add a generous pinch of salt and the linguine; cook, stirring, until the linguine is almost al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and the zucchini, if using. Cook, stirring frequently, until the linguine is al dente and the spinach is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a microplane grater, zest the lemons, removing only the yellow skin and avoiding the white pith. Halve the lemons; squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
- Remove and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water from the pot; drain the linguine int a strainer. Pour the lemon juice over the pasta.
- Add the pasta water, cream and lemon zest to the empty pot and cook over medium-low, stirring until the cream thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Add the linguine and toss well until thoroughly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve in a bowl with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.