Hey you guys! Im so excited to finally have my act together and getting you all this cauliflower taco recipe! I wasn’t sure how big of a hit this would be with the kids, but they are loving it. It is a little spicy because of the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. If you aren’t a fan of the heat, just leave those suckers out. But this is so good!! I really hope you try it!
This recipe can be as simple as you want or need it to be. Just making the cauliflower for a meat substitute is delicious. But if you want to take it a step further, you have to try to make my Pickled Cabbage (recipe below) and Chipotle Sauce (recipe below) as a topper. Oh, and my my Spiced up Black Beans (Recipe below) !! All. The. Things. Now, all that being said, making all of that in one day for a meal, can be a lot. Definitely make the pickled cabbage ahead of time. It needs at least 24 hours to marinate. The chipotle sauce is quick and easy and so are the beans. The sauce keeps well, so you can always make that ahead of time too. And plan on eating it with other things. Like these yummy Shrimp Bites, that can either be an appetizer (recipe on my IG page, coming soon on the blog) , or shrimp tacos. As you can tell, I LOVE me some tacos!!
Scroll down for the recipe, and let me know how you guys like them!! I can’t get enough of them!!
Cheers to happy meals,
- 1 head of cauliflower, stems or trunks removed so all you have are small bite size florets
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, minces
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Put down a silpat baking mat or foil. *If using foil, spray with non stick spray.
- You want to cut off and remove all the stems of the cauliflower florets. All you want left are small bite size.
- Add all other ingredients to a large bowl. Mix together. Then add in the cauliflower and mix and toss to coat.
- Spread out in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until browned and cooked to likeness. Check periodically. Cooking times depends on size of your cauliflower. *I like mine al dente
- Remove from oven. Let set for a few min and serve in tacos or in a taco salad.
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender, blend and enjoy. Adjust peppers to taste.
Spicy Mexican Curtido | Pickled Red Cabbage
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeño, diced optional
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vinegar white vinegar or apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sea salt no iodized preferably
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onion, jalapeño, garlic and black pepper.Kneed mixture to loosen the cabbage. Do not be gentle, you're not tossing the mixture, you want to break down the cabbage a little.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, then shut off.
- While the vinegar is warming up to a boil, firmly pack the cabbage into a large mason jar. Either 1 - 1 quart mason jar or 2 - one pint mason jars. Fill to brim.
- Once vinegar has cooled a little, pour into mason jar(s) up to the top, and let cool. Once cooled, if there is room at the top because the liquid has gone down, top off with a little water, screw on lid and place in fridge overnight. Store in fridge for up to a week. ENJOY!!
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 15 oz. can of black beans, with the liquid
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan, stir and simmer for 15 min.