I love meals that come together quickly during the week. This is a go to meal in my house. It’s quick, easy and there are usually never any leftovers.
I think the lemon zest is a must ingredient in this recipe, it goes nicely with the Italian chicken, so make sure you don’t overlook that part. You could also chop up a zucchini, sauté it and add it into the mix, but my kids don’t like zucchini. So I toss some zucchini strips with olive oil, season with garlic salt (a favorite of mine) and pepper, then grill. This is one of my favorite ways to eat zuccs.
This is another Hello Fresh meal I got. I use to make this meal before I started ordering Hello Fresh, but never added the zest. I really like those notes, takes this up a notch.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe if you make it! And let me know if you like it!
Cheers and happy cookin’ ~Jeanne
- large saucepan
- large skillet
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 -2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup reserved pasta water Plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ tbsp sour cream
- 6 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese more for topping
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water, (plus more is needed) then drain pasta. Keep empty pot hand for later.
- Mince garlic. Zest and half lemon.
- While pasta cooks, pat chicken dry with paper towels, and season all over with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-heat, cook chicken 3-5 minutes a side, until cooked through.Turn off heat: transfer to a cutting board to rest.Once cool enought to handle, chop chicken.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in the pan used for spaghetti, over medium high heat. Add garlic, lemon zest and pinch of chili flakes (optional). Cook, stirring until fragrant, 20-30 seconds.Stir in pasta water, bouillon cube, and juice from both lemon halves. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Turn off heat.
- Add drained spaghetti, sour cream, and butter to pot with sauce; toss to coat.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Tip; If needed, stir in more reserved pasta water a splash at a time, untiil spaghettie is coated in a creamy sauce.
- Divide between bowls. Top with chicken and additional Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of chili flakes if desired.Enjoy!
Leave a Reply