Happy Sunday everyone!! I’ve gotten a lot of request for this recipe. So here it is. This is my mama’s recipe, we’ve been baking/eating these for years!
I am going to make this a short post but will come back and add more photos later. Just wanted to get this out there. But, a few notes first.
- This recipe makes a lot of cookies. Especially if you make them small. It cuts in half nicely or, do what we do and freeze what you don’t think you’ll eat in a few days. We’ve been baking and delivering some to friends and families front porches during these crazy quarantine time.
- When you start mixing your ingredients, make sure you start with butter and sugar… that’s it. And don’t just incorporate them, let it really mix and cream together. It will actually turn light and fluffy. That is when you move on and add eggs then peanut butter… and so on.
- Refrigerate your dough for at least 30 min, and hour might be best. You need the dough to be a little firm so you can roll them out. Then roll or shake them in a baggie of sugar and final step is press them down with a fork.
- Don’t over bake, this can be a bit tricky because I don’t know your oven. But, these cookies are done right when they barley start to brown. Not when they are brown. Unless you like a crunchy cookie. Which is fine, ultimately these are a delicious soft cookie. So start off with only baking a handful of cookies at 8 min. Then see how it goes from there. You also wont know how done they are until they rest and cool, a little. So take the time to figure out the perfect timing for your oven and the size of your cookie. That all plays a part!
Now get to baking!! And please let me know what you think. Like I said, these are cookies we make about once a month, or there about. I really hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
If you bake them, don’t forget to comment below and take a picture and tag me on IG!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter - room temp
- 2 eggs - room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips the amount is your preference =)
- 1/2 - 1 cup granulated sugar - for rolling put in a bowl to roll or a zip lock and shake
- Preheat oven to 375
- In your mixing bowl, add your soft butter, granulated and brown sugar. Cream until light and fluffy. This does happen, takes about 3-5 min depending on what type of mixer you are using.
- Break your eggs into a separate bowl, this helps ensure you don't get any shells in your cookies. And every once in a blue moon an egg doesn't look so good. (You don't want to ruin all your ingredients) Mix it up a little with a fork to break up the yolk. Then add it into your mixing bowl and mix until the egg is all incorporated in the butter and sugar. Add in your peanut butter and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add your flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Now add in your vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. You only have to mix it in a little bit.
- Using a 1 cup mixing cup, scoop your flour mixture into the cookie mixture by adding flour then mixing until incorporated. Then adding the flour and mixing. Do this until all the flour is gone and mixed in completely.
- Add in the chocolate chips. And mix just until they are combined.
- Roll your cookies and place on baking sheet. We roll ours about 2 - 2.5 inches. We like BIG cookies!After all your cookies are rolled. Take the cookie dough and roll them in granulated sugar. We put about 1/2 cup of sugar in a ziplock bag and put the cookies one by one in the bag and shake it. Place cookie back on cookie sheet.Once all cookies are rolled in sugar, take a fork and flatten the cookie roll down gently to make for impressions and take away some height of the cookie.
- Bake for 10 min. Or just until golden. They do not need to be very golden for a delicious light and chewy cookie.
- Let cool and enjoy!!