Wine Wednesday!!! Wine is fine any day, really! And this woman right here loves sangria! I think it looks pretty in my glass and it tastes delicious. It’s always a festive way to spruce up a party. I wasn’t always a fan of wine… it was a process. Took me a while to appreciate wine. I started off with sweeter wines, like Rieslings and Stella Rosa. And then came sangria!! It was a beautiful stepping stone, in my process to discovering wine. White or Red. Some recipes call for sugar. You can add or omit, depending on preference. Either way, I love it. Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer!
I hosted a small Thanksgiving this year, and made a pitcher of this holiday sangria. It was a hit! Think all I had left was a little fruit. Got to eat that up too as you sip. I hope you try it and let me know what you think!
- 2 bottle Pinot Grigio
- 3/4 cup Sparkling Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup Sugar optional
- 2 cups Cranberries - fresh
- 1 Grannie Smith apple cubed
- Rosemary - fresh garish
- 1 Pear cubed
- 1 Orange sliced
- In a large pitcher, pour in Pinot Grigio and add your cubed apples and pears and sliced oranges and whole cranberries. Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Add your Sparkling Cider and sugar (optional if you like it sweeter) *Try it without
- Refrigerate til ready to serve. Add a sprig of rosemary for festive garnish. But not necessary.