This chicken skillet dish is super yum and makes a great weeknight dinner, takes only 30 minutes to make. Also great for meal prep and leftovers. Best part it is truly a one pot meal. I do so many dishes that I appreciate a one pot meal when I find one!
Besides my 6 year old not liking the gnocchi, this was a family favorite that will be made again soon. Logan will just be served that chicken. It is super flavorful with the garlic, paprika and Italian seasoning.
I always love hearing from you. Let me know if you try this and how you liked it! Follow me for more recipes.
Happy cookin’ ~Jeanne
- large skillet
- 1 lbs potato gnocchi, cooked according to the package and drained
- 1.5 lbs pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4-6 thighs), seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 5 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half (or heavy whipping cream)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 cups spinach
- Red pepper chili flakes, shredded parmesan and parsley, for serving
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the chicken thighs to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer the chicken thighs to a plate and set aside
- Melt the last 3 tablespoons of butter, add in the garlic, Italian seasoning and then add in the onion and mushroom. Sauté until onion is translucent and mushrooms are tender, about 3-4 minutes
- Whisk in the chicken broth and whisk for about 1 minute until hot. Then gradually pour in the cream, whisking continually as you pour it in. Add in the shredded mozzarella and continue whisking about 2-3 minutes until combined and beginning to thicken
- Stir in the cooked potato gnocchi and spinach, and add any additional salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken thighs back into the skillet and let simmer for about 2 minutes to heat chicken