If you don’t know by now… I love MARGARITA’S! And I am always trying to play around with making a fruit margarita. I tend to find they have to be sweeter, so haven’t really found a great fresh fruit marg without adding too much extra and having a super sweet drink. Until now!!
This is bright and super refreshing. I choose to make the fig simple syrup the day before. If you let sugar and fruit set together overnight, the sugar ends up infusing the sugar with the fruit flavor. But you can definitely just make a day of simple syrup.
My husband actually looked at me with a “eww” face when I asked if he would like me to make him a fig margarita. Then, per usual, he did appease me and at lease try my drink. Which, he found to be quite delicious!
It’s fig season, go get a whole bunch, I get mine from Trader Joe’s. Eat them raw of course, but don’t forget to make a margarita!
Don’t forget to comment, tag and follow me!! ~ Jeanne
- Cocktail Shaker
- 8 fresh figs
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- honey or agave for rim of glass
- turbinado sugar rim
- salt rim
- 4 mint leaves (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp fig syrup depending on your desired sweeteness
- 1½ oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz triple sec
- 2 oz tequila
- Cut the figs into quarters.
- Add the cut figs and sugar together in a bowl and muddle well.
- Cover tightly and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferable overnight. This helps the sugar absorb the flavor of the figs.
- Once time allowed is up. Pour fig mixture into a small saucepan on low and melt the sugar. Strirring so it doen't burn, simmer for about 5 min and turn off and let set for 15.
- With a mesh strainer on top of a bowl. Pour mixture into strainer smoosh and press down as much as possible to get all the liquid out of the pulp.
- Discard pult, and reserve syrup for margs.
- Add honey or agave to a plate and a mixture of turbinado and salt to another. Dip the rim of your cocktail glass into the honey and then the salt/sugar mixture.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves (optional) with the fig syrup, lime juice and triple sec. Add tequila. Add a few ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Fill you cocktail glass with ice and strain the drink into the glass.
- Sip and Enjoy <3