I am so excited to share this recipe with you! I can’t take full credit for it, my oldest was on the hunt for a meal when it was her night to cook, and this is what she came up with. It has been in our meal plan rotation, ever since.
It is super easy to make, you can adjust the ground beef for ground turkey. It makes a lot of food, so depending on your family size, plan on leftovers. Which I am a huge fan of these days because I am a little over cooking! Anyone else feel like that? Cooking, dishes and snacks… never ending!! The awesome part of this meal, basically 2 pots. One for pasta the other for the meat sauce. Not bad!
If you meal plan or want to make extra to freeze. Just make the sauce, freeze it, then make the pasta day of. This also makes a great dish to give to a family who needs help with some meals. Just undercook the pasta a bit so it is al dente. That way when it is warmed up on the stove, the pasta doesn’t get mushy.
Alright, pretty easy and cheesey! Don’t forget to tag me on IG and come back if you can and leave a comment! I love hearing from you guys. <3
Creamy Beef Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper optional
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded amount of cheesiness to your liking
- 1 lb Rotini pasta, or large elbow pasta
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- In a large, deep skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add diced onions and sauté for 5 to 7 min, until translucent.
- Add in garlic, stir in and cook for 1 to 2 min, until fragrant.
- Add in ground beef, break apart and cook until no pink remains.
- While beef is cooking, in a separate pot, heat water and cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
- Once beef is no longer pink, drain excess grease and return to skillet. With the heat still on medium, add in the basil, oregano, salt, red pepper, and flour. Stirring constantly to coat and cook for 1 min.
- Add in the tomato sauce and broth, stir to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 min.
- Add the cream and pasta to the meat mixture, stirring to combine. Add in the cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve immediately. Enjoy!