If you know me, or have been following me, you know I love me some bourbon!
I enjoy quite a few brands of bourbon, but the one I tend to use the most is, Bulleit, but use whatever you have on hand or whatever you fancy.
I like to have Old Fashioned’s and Bourbon Smash’s year around, but there is something about Fall and the changing of the seasons to the colder months that make enjoying a bourbon drink very holiday. Don’t you think?
I wanted to share a few of my top drinks right now. Of course an Old Fashioned is a staple, but these other ones are definitely work mixing up also.
Right now I am just going to load them all on this page so keep scrolling down for all the recipes. I will make it easier and put them on their own pages when I get some time.
Let me know if you make them and how you like it! Follow and tag me! Thank you and Happy Holidays!!
- cocktail shaker or I use a crystal cocktail mixing glass
- rock or low ball glass
- 2 – 2½ oz. whiskey or bourbon I use Bulleit orange label
- ½ oz. simple syrup more or less depending on your preference
- 2 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters
- rind or orange I use a vegetable peeler and get a thin slice down the orange, trying not to get a lot of the white pith.
- silicone spear or cube ice trays I promise this makes a difference
- 1 cocktail cherry Optional
- In the cocktail shaker, add whiskey/bourbon, bitters and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Add regular ice cubes into shaker with the whiskey/bourbon and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Prepare your low ball or rock glass. Slice down a strip of orange peel, using a vegetable peeler. Trying to get just the peel, not the white pith.
- Put your 1 cube ice into your glass, rub the rim with the inside of your orange rid, the twist the orange rind into the glass and throw it in there.
- Add a cherry to the glass
- Using a strainer, pour contents of shaker over cubed ice in glass and enjoy!!
- coctail shaker
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 to 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 to 3 fresh sage leaves
- 8 fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 dashes orange bitter
- 2 oz bourbon I like Bulleit – orange label
- Bring apple cider and cinnamon sticks to a boil on med. high heat, and boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries and sage. Then add 1-2 tbsp of cider syrup, lemon juice, bitters and bourbon. Shake vigourously to combine. Add ice to glass, pour into glass through a fine mesh strainer. Or directly into glass if you don't mind a cloudy, "dirty" drink. (which I don't mind)Garnigh with cinnamon stick, fresh sage and blackberry.Enjoy ~ Jeanne
To make this a fun Halloween beverage: Smoking Blackberry Smash
- Before you put ingredients into your shaker. Using a kitchen torch and a heat proof tray. Light 1 cinnamon stick (meaking sure it fits under your glass) and 1 sage leaf, place on heat proof tray and trun glass upside down on top of smoking cinnamon and sage leaf. Prepare your beverage. Turn over your glass and continue with rest of beverage instructions.Add a piece of dry ice for fun smoking effect. * DO NOT consume dry ice directrly in your mouth, or touch with your bare hands. A small piece will sink to the bottom of your glass, so you are able to sip on your drink. DO NOT give to children as they might accidentaly touch or consume dry ice.
Spiced Pumpkin Syrup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 oz (2-4 tbsp) Spiced Pumpkin Syrup depending on how sweet you'd like it
- 2 oz (¼ cup) Bourbon I like Bulleit (orange label)
- ½ oz (1 tbsp) orange juice
- ginger beer – for topping off
For making the Spiced Pumpkin Syrup
- Add all ingredients into a small sauce pan and simmer for 10 minutes
- Put in a jar and let cool.
- Store for up to 2 weeks in refridgerator.
- In a low ball glass, add spiced pumpkin syrup, bitters, orange juice and bourbon. Stir to combine.
- Add ice to glass and top off with ginger beer. Stir gently to combine.Garnish with a cinnamon stick, star annisSip and Enjoy!Happy Holiday's ~ Jeanne
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 oz. apple butter (4 tbsp.)
- 2 oz. bourbon I like Bulleit, orange label
- ¼ cup apple cider (4 oz.)
- 2 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- Put apple butter, bourbon, apple cider into a shaker with ice. Shake vigoursly until apple butter is combined. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fill rock glass half full with ice. With a strainer, pour over ice into glass. Enjoy!! ~Jeanne