Bring on the warm sunshine and weekends!! Also, let’s bring back parties and entertaining at full capacity with no restrictions. I miss that life!
My husband loves his Green Mountain smoker, and just like the Instant pot, it isn’t my jam… but I will be his sous chef all day. Just wish I had a sous chef when I cook! Anyways, getting off track. Smoker, meats and jalapeño poppers! Always a crowd favorite! Pretty easy to put together, just need an hour or so to get the cream cheese to room temperature. And then the 2 to 2.5 hours to cook. Easy-peezy!
It’s funny, the last handful of times that we have made these, we (I) have forgotten to either buy, or actually put in the little smokies. Either way, still a big hit and still delicious!
Cheers ~Jeanne <3
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram: @passionandpoppies Tag me in your post and/or leave a comment below! I love hearing from you!
- 12 medium to large jalapeño
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 package of little smokies
- Set out the cream cheese, and let get to room temperature.
- Slice jalapeños in half, keeping the stem on. Remove pith and seeds.Lay jalapeños out on a baking rack.
- Heat smoker to 225°
- Once cream cheese is soft, put it in a bowl and grate Pepper Jack cheese and mix until combined.
- Fill jalapeño with cream cheese mixture.
- Add a little smoky on top of cream cheese.
- Cut bacon in half and use 1/2 a slice of bacon to wrap around jalapeño, stretching and pulling bacon to wrap around. This step is easier if bacon is room temperature.
- Once all poppers are stuffed, wrapped, and on grate, place in smoker for 2 – 2½ hours. Poppers are ready when Bacon is fully cooked. Remove and serve immediately.Enjoy!